THE CREATIVE WRITING CONTEST APPLICATION WINDOW IS NOW CLOSED
Thank you to everyone who participated. Stay tuned for the winners!
Students in 5th-8th grades: Showcase your creativity by participating in the Aga Khan Education Board’s Creative Writing contest! You will compete with students across the Western USA. Editors are available to help inspire you, and prizes will be awarded to the winners!
– Contest window: December 1 – Jan 6, 2019
– Essay Length: Up to 5000 words. No minimum limit.
– Announcement of winners: (subject to change) Friday, January 18, 2019
– Prizes: Prizes will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place submissions.
More information and FAQs can be found below:
– All students in 5th to 8th grade in the Western USA region
– Contest open for proofreading requests and submissions: December 1, 2018
– Deadline to submit essay drafts for proofreading: December 30, 2018 at 11:59 PM PST
– Deadline to submit final essays for judging: January 6th, 2019 at 11:59 PM PST
– Announcement of winners (Subject to Change): Friday, January 11, 2019 in JK
– Students have a variety of essay topics to choose from. No matter what the topic, essays should be less than 5000 words (~5 pages). There is no minimum word limit. To download the essay prompts, click the button above or click HERE.
– In order to help students, we are providing a set of editors who will be able to review drafts and provide constructive feedback until December 31st, 2018. Use of the editors will be limited to 3 drafts.
– Requests for proofing can be submitted to email@example.com with a subject of “Creative Writing Contest 2018 Edit Request”.
How to submit:
– You can submit the essay by clicking the button above or clicking HERE. The most recent submission prior to the deadline will be the one considered as the final submission.
– If you have a question that was not answered here, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and the team will get back to you soon.